The purpose of this course is to provide Telecontrol Technicians/Engineers with comprehensive knowledge to enable them to work with the iST RTU. This course provides instruction on the essential advanced skills required to work with the iST RTU as used in Eskom Transmission. As well as instruction on the hardware components of the iST RTU, the class will also cover the advanced configuration required to set up the iST RTU. Topics covered in this training include iST RTU hardware, an introduction to the UNICON interface, and how to configure iST RTU within an Eskom Integrated Substation Control System.
This training module is intended for Telecontrol Technicians/Engineers who have relevant Telecontrol experience and who intend working with the ERTU RTU.
Key Course Objectives Skills taught
To provide the required tools to perform tasks of basic operation, configuration and maintenance of the ERTU RTU. Also includes the RTU Hardware and Software description.
- Course Overview – Note: That this will always be on the 1st day of any training course.
- Refresher : SCADA/Protocols/Telecommunications
- ICS related technologies : BP’s, LCP, HMI, Interlocking, SVC-Auto
- History of the RTUC card
- History of the Quick card
- Quick card flash download procedure
- Loading the QUICK and SIOC cards
- Digital and Analogue input subsystems
- Analogue jitters
- Configuring the ERTU( refresh)
- Configuring the LCP
- Configuring an IED on the ERTU
- MDU ;logger
- Test & Accreditation
- Test Feedback
Pre- requisites/required skills/knowledge
- An understanding of RTU and SCADA concepts.
- Relevant telecontrol experience