Knowledge of the condition of transformers is essential for all electrical networks and on-line monitoring of critical transformers is becoming increasingly vital. This information allows valuable asset capabilities to be maximised and expensive failures to be avoided.
Dissolved Gas Analysis (DGA) and moisture measurement of the insulation oil are recognised as the most important tests for condition assessment of transformers.
These are some of the benefits and features of the Transfix equipment:
- The Transfix unit is a new generation of on-line DGA equipment giving essential insight into the condition of transformers.
- Extensive field use proves that the unit provides reliable information and represents an invaluable tool for asset management.
- Transformer faults detected in their infancy
- Transformer output optimised safely
- Transformer ageing can be calculated
- Type of fault can be classified from results
- Eight gases plus moisture and nitrogen
- Cutting edge technology
- No carrier gases or calibration gases required
- Sophisticated programmable alarm system
- Extensive local and remote communications options.
- Reduces running costs and site visits
- Internal modified head space gas extraction.
- Sampling rates are configurable from 4 weekly to hourly. Caution and alarm modes can be used to automatically increase sampling rate.
- Advanced asset management software providing sophisticated graphical trending and diagnostic analysis of results.
- No outages required: reduces expense and inconvenience for user
- LCD display provides up to date information on site
- Allows results to be analysed against the loading of the transformer
- Additional inputs for up to five analogue sensors. Three 12 to 30 VDC digital inputs can be used for special applications.