Knowledge of the condition of transformers is essential for all electrical networks and on-line monitoring of critical transformers is becoming increasingly vital. This information allows valuable asset capabilities to be maximised and expensive failures to be avoided.
Dissolved Gas Analysis (DGA) and moisture measurement of the insulation oil are recognised as the most important tests for condition assessment of transformers.
These are some of the benefits and features of the Tap Trans equipment:
- With DGA becoming widely accepted as the most effective method of OLTC (On Load Tap Changer) condition based monitoring, the TapTrans unit represents the next generation of on-line transformer monitoring.
- We can offer accurate on-line DGA for the transformer main tank and tap changer in one unique system.
- Avoid costly unplanned outages
- Transformer faults detected in their infancy
- Transformer output optimised safely
- Transformer ageing can be calculated
- Type of fault can be classified from results
- Eight gases plus moisture and nitrogen
- Monitor the transformer main tank and diverter tank with one TapTrans unit. Diverter oil is kept completely separate from the main tank oil and selector oil to avoid contamination
- Cutting edge technology
- No carrier gases or calibration gases required
- Sophisticated programmable alarm system
- Extensive local and remote communications options.
- Internal modified head space gas extraction.
- Advanced asset management software providing sophisticated graphical trending and diagnostic analysis of results.
- No outages required: reduces expense and inconvenience for user
- LCD display provides up to date information on site
- Allows results to be analysed against the loading of the transformer
- Additional inputs for up to five analogue sensors. Three 12 to 30 VDC digital inputs can be used for special applications.