Accurate knowledge of the condition of transformers is essential for all electrical networks. This information allows valuable asset capabilities to be maximised and expensive failures to be avoided.
Measurement of these gases allows the user to detect a wide range of developing faults including arcing.
Dissolved Gas Analysis (DGA) and moisture measurement of the insulation oil are recognised as the most important tests for condition assessment of transformers.
These are some of the benefits and features of the MiniTrans equipment:
- The MiniTrans is a cost-effective on-line DGA unit giving essential insight into the condition of the transformers.
- It provides reliable information and represents an invaluable tool for Asset Management: along with essential moisture content, the measured gases provide information on critical arcing, cellulose degradation and general fault activity.
- It avoids costly unplanned outages
- Transformer faults detected in their infancy
- Transformer output optimised safely
- Transformer ageing can be calculated
- Type of fault can be classified from results
- Three key fault gases: plus moisture.
- No carrier gases or calibration gases required
- Reduces running costs and site visits
- Extensive local and remote communications options.
- Internal modified head space gas extraction.
- Sampling rates are configurable from daily to hourly. User configurable caution and alarm modes can be used to automatically increase sampling rate.
- Advanced asset management software providing sophisticated graphical trending and diagnostic analysis of results.
- Allows results to be analysed against the loading of the transformer
- No outages required: reduces expense and inconvenience for user.
- LCD display provides up to date information on site.
Sophisticated programmable alarm system