The purpose of this course is to provide Telecontrol Technicians/Engineers with sufficient knowledge to use the basic functionalities of GE D25 Replacement Bay Processor as used in the Eskom Transmission substations as dedicated bay processors. This includes: Hardware introduction, set-up, troubleshooting, and basic configuration.
The course will also include an introduction to the firmware/software architecture of the D25 RTU, and the ConfigPro software used to configure the RTU. Configuration of the D25 to communicate with an ESTEL Master.
This training module is intended for Telecontrol Technicians/Engineers who have relevant Telecontrol experience and who intend working with the GE D25 Replacement Bay Processor as used in the Eskom Transmission substations.
SCADA / RTU Installation and Maintenance Personnel
Key Course Objectives
To provide the required tools to perform tasks of basic operation, configuration and maintenance of the D25 RBP. Also include the RTU Hardware and Software description
- Identify the D25 hardware components.
- Identify controls and indications and configure hardware options such as jumpers, and serial input connections.
- Locate and replace field replaceable components such as fuses.
- Apply features of the software used in the D25 product family.
- Identify D25 software components and demonstrate their relationship to hardware, to each other and to the ConfigPro configuration system.
- Copy configuration databases to and from a PC.
- Create new and/or edit existing configuration databases.
- Download and upload configuration databases using the ConfigPro configuration system.
- Using the WESMAINT and 68K Monitor maintenance utilities, verify correct operation of the RTU, diagnose operational problems and test and commission the RTU before placing in service.
- Course Overview – Note: That this will always be on the 1st day of any training course
- SCADA fundamentals
- SCS overview
- D25 RBP familiarisation
- D25 RBP Hardware
- D25 Software architecture
- Firmware identification
- Tools ( Westmaint )
- Viewing buffers
- SOE Upload
- Archiving/ Restoring projects
- Configuring a Master
- Configuring the LAN
- Test & Accreditation
- Test Feedback
Pre- requisites/required skills/knowledge
- An understanding of RTU and SCADA concepts.
- Eskom Transmission SCS commissioning experience
- A working knowledge of PCs and Microsoft Windows.