The purpose of this course is to provide Telecontrol Technicians/Engineers with sufficient knowledge to use the advanced functionalities of GE D20 RTU/Substation Gateway.
This training module is intended for Telecontrol Technicians/Engineers who have relevant Telecontrol experience and who intend working with the GE D20 RTU.
SCADA/RTU Installation, Maintenance and Commissioning Personnel who have already attended the GE D20 Part 1 Training Course.
Key Course Objectives
To provide the required tools to perform tasks of operation advanced configuration and maintenance of the D20 RTU. Also includes concentration on Ethernet Applications and Integrated Control and Protection Applications.
Identify D20 hardware components
- Apply ConfigPro software features that support projects, devices, applications and firmware.
- Configure a D20 to collect data from peripherals cards and DNP IEDs
- Configure the D20 to report data to a DNP or ESTEL SCADA Master Station and manipulate the data being reported.
- Demonstrate applications of the following additional features of the ConfigPro software package:
- Report generation
- Configuration upload
- Project conversion from older versions of ConfigPro
- Course Overview – Note: That this will always be on the 1st day of any training course
- D20 Part I Refresher
- Hardware Refresher
- Software Applications
- Firmware Applications
- Handling of Projects within Config Pro Application
- Adding, Deleting, Enabling Applications within Config Pro
- Configuring the D.20 Link Application
- Configuring the DNP DCA
- Configuring the Watchdog DTA
- Configuring the D/A DTA
- Configuring the Calculator DTA
- Configuring the DNP DPA
- Configuring the Bridgeman Application
- Configuring the Ethernet Application for DNP
- Recap & Test Preparation
- Test & Accreditation
- Test Feedback
Pre- requisites/required skills/knowledge.
- An understanding of RTU and SCADA concepts.
- A working knowledge of PCs and Microsoft Windows
- Eskom D20 Part 1 Certification
- At least 1 year of commissioning experience