The purpose of this course is to provide Telecontrol Technicians/Engineers with sufficient knowledge to use the basic functionalities of GE D20 RTU/Gateway.
This course includes instruction on the GE D20 substation RTU/Gateway as well as ConfigPro, the configuration tool required to configure a GE D20 substation RTU/Gateway. Hardware introduction, troubleshooting, and basic configuration.
The course will also include:
- An introduction to the firmware/software architecture of the GE D20 RTU,
- An introduction to Power Supply, Setup of D20 Main Processor.
- Configuration of the D.20 IO Peripheral modules and DNP SCADA Master,
- As well as downloading, testing, and troubleshooting of configurations.
This training module is intended for Telecontrol Technicians/Engineers who have relevant Telecontrol experience and who intend working with the GE D20 RTU.
SCADA/RTU Installation, Maintenance and Commissioning Personnel
Key Course Objectives
To provide the required tools to perform tasks of basic operation, configuration and maintenance of the D20 RTU. Also include the RTU Hardware and Software description
- Identify D20 hardware components.
- Apply ConfigPro software features that support projects, devices, applications and firmware.
- Configure a D20 to collect data from peripherals cards.
- Configure the D20 to report data to a DNP or ESTEL SCADA Master Station and manipulate the data being reported.
- Demonstrate applications of the following additional features of the ConfigPro software package:
- Report generation
- Configuration upload
- Project conversion from older versions of ConfigPro
- Course Overview – Note: That this will always be on the 1st day of any training course
- Telecontrol Overview
- D20 System Overview
- Power Supplies
- System Layout and Connections
- D20 Peripheral Communications Interface
- Understanding DNP 3.0 Protocol Test Sets
- D20 Hardware
- D20 Main Processor Module
- Peripheral Modules
- D20A Analog Input Module
- D20S Digital Input Module
- D20K Output Control Module
- D20C Mixed Module
- D.20 Link Network
- D20 Diagnostics
- D20 Software Architecture Overview
- D20 Firmware
- D20 Applications
- Config Pro Configuration Tool
- D20 Configuration
- D20 Configuration – Advanced
- Application Configuration
- Fault Finding
- Recap & Test Preparation
- Test & Accreditation
- Test Feedback
Pre- requisites/required skills/knowledge
- An understanding of RTU and SCADA concepts.
- At least a year of RTU commissioning
- A working knowledge of PCs and Microsoft Windows.